At North Kew Kindergarten we follow the National Early Years Learning Framework and the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework. These Frameworks identify Early Years Learning and Development Outcomes to enable children to:
- Develop a strong sense of identity
- Connect with and contribute to their world
- Build a strong sense of wellbeing
- Become confident and involved learners
- Become effective communicators.
North kew kinder Principles and Philosophy
- Our educators take a holistic approach to learning, respecting children’s identity, diversity and culture.
- We recognise that children’s early learning takes place in the context of the family, culture and community and it is important that these coexist
- We understand that children are unique individuals who grow and learn differently at different rates
- Play is essential for the development of the child and therefore it is central to our kindergarten programs and learning environment
- We strive to create an unhurried environment where children learn and develop at the pace which is right for them
- We believe in building a learning community in conjunction with our families by fostering partnerships between families and educators